Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Day 1

I worked out last night! It felt so good and I was really proud of myself for doing it. Especially since I really, really don't like to exercise.

I almost blew the eating part though. I had already decided that I was going to eat spaghetti and garlic bread to get it out of the house. I measured out the spaghetti so that I'd have 2 portions (which isn't much--I bet you get 3 or 4 servings at a restaurant!) for 420 calories. The spaghetti sauce adds another 390 calories (OUCH!) and the garlic bread was around 250 calories. Good grief--I had underestimated the calorie count but luckily I had enough calories left over and ended the day with 1,461 calories. I really wanted my reduced ice cream sandwich but at 130 calories--it would have put me over. Now, that's a good thing. Before I would have said "it's only 130 calories--it's just BARELY over" but no more. I don't need ice cream everyday and I'll keep reminding myself of that through this weight loss journey. My small goal is to lose 10 pounds before the Martinsville race which is Oct. 21 so that's equivalent to around 3 pounds lost per week. I can do it.

I love this deep thought--

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny."

cracks me up everytime.

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger NineCats said...

Well done Juanita! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home