Monday, August 14, 2006

This weekend was pretty fun. Being old and married now, John and I were just going to stay home and watch the Busch and Craftsman truck races. Earlier in the week, my boss invited us to her house for karaoke. It was John and I, my boss, her husband and 3 year old daughter and the actuary where I work and his wife. It was a blast! I don't know how many songs we sang but we sang in a rotation of 6 for a solid 5 hours I think. We got there at 7 pm and left at around 2 am. It was a lot of fun and even the 3 year old got into it by singing the ABC song and dancing around. This was great fun--I'm not a drinker so going into the bar and doing karaoke is intimidating to me--however, normally it would probably take a few drinks to get me up there!

John was a surprise. He usually doesn't offer a lot of conversational input if you know what I mean so I was kinda dreading that too--you know keeping the flow going. Not so! He did GREAT! I was so proud of him and he sings really good too!

Anyway, once we got off the couch and stopped feeling sorry for ourselves we had a good time. Now what we get into THIS weekend??

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Dad. 51!!

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Nuggie99 said...

What we get into indeed. I was 20 minutes ahead, by the way. :P

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Tiny said...

That sounds pretty cool.

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger NineCats said...

Sounds like you all had fun!

Happy Birthday to your dad also! (he's younger then I am...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home