Monday, July 31, 2006

Family reunions are kinda blah. OK--now God can strike me down for saying I really didn't want to attend this one. First my grandmother, who's as bossy as anybody you know, tells (doesn't ask) but tells my family that we're going to sing a few gospel songs for the Family. Well, we haven't sang together for a year or so and of course I screw up the words and mess up one of them royally. That's what I get for doing it for my mom-ma and not for God. Now he can strike me down again.

John and I didn't do too badly in the horseshoe tourney but we did get beat before the semi-finals but it's ok--I didn't want to be there anyway. Why can't families just get together and play cards? Why does it have to be this middle of the day- heatwave filled event that occurs on your day off, of course? I mean, we're a close family and I see the ones that I want to see usually once a month or more. Who are some of these cousins twice removed four times over people anyway? Poor John--this was his first family reunion as my husband and he would ask "Who's that?" to which my standard response was "I don't know" which is sad.

Oh well, there's a definite deep thought (or song) when you're talking about family--isn't there always?

CHORUS:Got dead cells in my brain.I sometimes act insane. Right now, I'm married;
Hope that won't be changing eventually, oh!
Got post-traumatic stress.
My future's anyone's guess. If you have to, blame my, blame my dysfunctional family.
Baby, don't blame me!

Courtesty of a parody of Ashlee Simpson's "Autobiography" song titled "Am I Right?"
See? it fits her family too.

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger NineCats said...

Umm Juanita, are you a parody song writer also?

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Juanita said...

No way--I have to leave that up to John the Master.

I could never, ever come close to anything as cool as Ethel Went Down to Georgia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home